Saturday, May 11, 2013

Creating or Changing It Up?!

So I started creating a Back to School unit which I am still in the process of working on.
Yes, I am trying to get ahead. I always love doing an All About Me week and usually a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Names and Numbers unit the second week. In those 2 weeks I also throw in The Day the Monster Came to School, The Kissing Hand, Chrysanthemum, and of course the topics of family & feelings. Boy oh boy is it ever A LOT in just the first 2 weeks of school.
 
While creating this Back to School unit I was also thinking about changing it up...Not sure exactly what or if I will, but I am interested to hear what sort of unit or theme you teach in the 1st or 2nd week of school? 
 
 
Here are just a few things I am working on for the Back to School unit but I still have SO- much to add. Seriously I think this pack could last me for 3 weeks.
So what is your focus in the beginning of the school year? Besides just surviving and making it out a live! LOL

5 comments:

  1. I focus on team building and class building. Not sure if that helps you :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Yes it does. That's a great idea :)

      Brittany

      Delete
  2. In second grade I also do all about me stuff, and back to school themed read alouds. We also read "The Listening Walk" and then do a classroom listening walk where I talk about the work stations and whatnot in the classroom, and we'll do a school listening walk to go over where everything is (office, nurse, library, etc.) I try to do get to you know activities like "Find someone who..." but depending on the class sometimes it is difficult for them to understand the point of the activity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...