Tuesday, February 25, 2014

BIG news

Yep, that's right... I have BIG news!
First I have to quickly share our February writing & in class project before February ends.
We read Love, Splat by Rob Scotton before our Valentine writing and craft. I can tell you this though, it was so hard to get in the Valentine themed fun this year here in Canada since it was during the winter Olympics. The winter Olympics clearly are more loved here than Valentine's Day which I am so not used to. I don't know if I just never paid much attention to the winter Olympics before or if it's because I'm from the southern part of the States. We literally only did Valentine activities for like 2 days. It is definitely obvious in their February writing since I could only get my kiddos to write one sentence if I was lucky. They were just so not into Valentine's Day themed activities with all the commotion of the Olympics. However, our little Splat the Cat heads turned out cute!

 
One of the really cool things about the love of the winter Olympics here is that our school has a school-wide winter Olympics (which happened to fall on our V-day party). My class represented Slovakia so when we entered the gym we held up our Slovakian flag & everyone cheered. The "torch" was then lit (pretend) after all the classes entered and was carried around the gym. The neatest thing that I thought was that at the end a little girl in my class (who's parents are from Russia & therefore can speak/write in Russian) was handed the torch & in Russian she says "Let the games begin!". It was super neat & I was one proud teacher!!!

 
This month we are focusing on "I am Unique" so we had this lady come in for an in-class project to talk to us about how we are all unique and the different ways that we are unique. Each student got to make this in-class project craft of themselves & things that make them unique. It was a lot of fun and the students really enjoyed it.

 
Now for my BIG news!!!
Yep, that's right... That lil chubs in this photo is in my belly. Me & the hubs are expecting a little bebe boy or girl in September. The due date is Sept. 2nd which just happens to be the first week of teachers going back to school. We are SUPER excited!!! Now I just need to get my teaching contract offered to me again in May. Things are so different here and I still don't get the whole way they do contracts here but I'm on some sort of continuing part-time contract which has to be offered to me again in like May or June in order for me to be able to work again next year. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!
PS. I'll take any advice for a teaching mommy-to-be. :)
 
Happy Tuesday y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Whoohoo!!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! :)

    P.S. Did you get my email with our class letter attached?! They were so excited to send it and I'm so sorry it has taken so long!

    ✿ Regina
    Keepin It Krazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so so so exciting!!!!! Congrats!!!
    xo
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...