Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Linky. Do You Linky?

It's 12:45am here so I'm writing for yesterday or is it today or is it tomorrow?!
Technically it's July 1st so Happy Canada Day!!!
And if I am writing for today/yesterday (June 30th) then Happy 1 Year Anniversary hubby!
 
 

I love me Farley's Currently.
I need a shirt that has stars & stripes on it like on the Currently to wear up here for the 4th of July.
Apparently even the dogs are too hot in this house because Emma is going to town on her water.
You know it's finally summer when you break a sweat while walking the dogs in the heat. I think yesterday was the first time I sweat because it was so hot since last summer.
A year ago from today me and Steven had our beautiful wedding in Pass Christian, Mississippi and enjoyed such a fabulous evening with all of our family & friends. God blessed me by putting him in my life. He is my everything.


I never knew I could get so hot up in the far north here. Man oh man, I need air conditioning in this house. Even though we just moved in to our new home this past October we don't plan on staying here longer than 2-3 years so there is kind of no point in putting money into an A/C in this house. Definitely the next one for sure!
Hmm... Don't even know what to get for a gift yet but I love any excuse to shop.
I think my hint is pretty simple and explains itself- Just keep it friendly.

 Let's Get Acquainted with Flying Into First
 
S-OU-THERN, Southern Mississippi USM!
I went to college at the University of Southern Mississippi
 
My 1st teaching experience was a pretty scary one for me. It was super difficult coming into a 1st grade classroom in February to teach a class full of wonderful kids who had just lost their teacher over Christmas break. Before I came into the classroom the kids had a wonderful teacher who had been teaching for years & was a favorite among the children, parents and staff. Unfortunately the teacher passed away over Christmas break. I am very thankful for the few parents that supported me.
 
My favorite grade to teach is kindergarten because I love that most of the students come to you not knowing how to write their name, read a simple word or do certain things independently but at the end of the year they are independent and such great little readers. Kindergarten is different up here in Canada so you may want to ask me again next year after I have taught a year of kindergarten up here.
Plus kinder kids are just SO much fun!!!
 
P.S. Today or shall I say June 30th I got to meet my new lil niece.
Meet Norah.

My first floatin' on the river in Canada. I had a blast!
 This is what joy looks like when you're a southern girl who FINALLY gets to wear a swimsuit & enjoy the sun up here.
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany! I went to USM too, but the Gulf Coast campus. My husband was stationed at Keesler AFB for 3 1/2 years. We were there for Katrina and then got moved back to our home state of California. So cool to "meet" someone with a little bit of shared history :)

    Jessica
    Teach on a Limb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat!!! That's really cool. Sorry you had to be in southern MS. during Katrina though.

      Brittany

      Delete
  2. Sun...yay! We just got back from a beach trip! And I am TOTALLY a southern gal so I get ya! LOVE your wedding pictures! WOW! Found you over at Farley's. PS - Kinder is where my heart is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSS - I think you may be the first blog EVER where we saw our button on the "Blogs I Like" side bar! Awwww! That made my day! Not sure how I hadn't found you before...but just followed you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I just love yall's blog. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      Brittany

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that picture of your wedding from down the aisle. It will be fun to hear about your new adventures with kindergarten in Canada this year. Good luck surviving without air!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm going to the store to buy like 3 fans today. lol

      Brittany

      Delete
  5. I am so happy to meet another blogger from Canada. Congrats to you on one year married. How did you end up teaching in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know, I feel like it's so hard to find Canadian teacher bloggers that are actually worth reading or reader friendly. I just submitted all the paperwork to teacher here in Alberta. After months I finally got approved to teach, but then after being told I would receive my certification in the mail and signing a teaching contract for 2013-14 Alberta Education notified me that I have to take a Canadian Studies class. So I am taking an online class starting in August. I am still waiting to hear that I am approved for a temporary teaching license since they switched things on me. But I already signed my contract so I hope I hear from them soon. I heard it was extremely difficult to get a teaching job here so I volunteered at the closest elementary school twice a week all year to allow me to get to know the staff & parents. I think that really helped because it helped get me my teaching job. I also got a job offer from the #1 school district in the Edmonton area but I had already taken the other position. I guess hard work & a good resume paid off. I am looking forward to the upcoming school year. I love following your blog!!!

      Brittany

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures!!! WOW!!! That is quite a move from the southern states to Canada. I am so glad you are getting to enjoy the sun!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...