Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Raley wore red today in celebration of the Dr.'s birthday. We also read a few of his books. 
She may or may not have preferred to eat them.
LISTENING: Is flipping through the channels a man thing or is it just me? That or when he does find something it's hockey. Ugh! That's what I get for marrying a Canadian who was a hockey player until his 30s. 
LOVING: My baby girl will be 6 months next week & has finally started getting to the point where she doesn't need my 24/7 attention or maybe it's the fact that I introduced her to the T.V. and Curious George. Does that make me a bad mom? Eeek. Hey, whatever I can do to get 5 minutes to have her sit in her exersaucer and allow me to throw some clothes in the laundry, cook super without wearing her on me and best of all... actually get to work on my computer to update and create products.
THINKING: We fly South in May to visit family in Mississippi and are staying there for 3 weeks. I can not wait!!! I miss my family and friends so much. I also can't wait to introduce Raley to the beach. :)
WANTING: I can not wait until the night that I get a full night's sleep. My little one wakes up 2-4 times a night to eat. It used to be 3-5 so we are making progress. A LOT more progress compared to where she was last month. It only continues to improve from here I am guessing.
NEEDING: Okay. Okay. So maybe ordering my soon to be 6 month old baby girl's first birthday outfit isn't quiet needed just yet but I get over excited for things like that. In my defense the Etsy company I am ordering it from only ships to the U.S. so if I order it now and ship it to my mom then I can bring it back with me when we go visit in May.
SPRING BREAK PLANS: Every day is a Spring Break for me but that Spring Break includes a lot of snow and very very cold weather.
Thanks Farley for your wonderful Currently as always. :)


I love seeing how everyone celebrates the Dr.'s b-day in their classroom. Here are a few of my favs.
School is a Happy Place features this adorable craft and writing on her blog for Put Me in the Zoo.


Mrs. Terhune;s First Grade Blog has some great Dr. Seuss activities. I like how she displays if her students like or don't like green eggs and ham.

The Kinder Wife features an addition activity on her blog that I really like. My students do something similar to this activity during our Ocean unit. She has some other good Dr. Seuss activities as well.

Primary Press has some great rhyming activities that she incorporates with Dr. Seuss activities.

Kindergarten: Holding Hands & Sticking Together has some yummy themed treats along with activities and videos.

Elizabeth over at Kickin' It In Kindergarten has a book shelf that I am envious of. Doesn't that make you jealous?


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has all of those same board books. She never liked reading until I purchased them around this time last year. Still to this day she seems to frequently have one of them in her hand. I am glad you are getting some time to get some stuff done around the house or maybe even use the restroom! I hope you can get some more sleep soon. Have fun on your vacation in a couple of months.
    P.S. It is never too early to order your daughter's first birthday outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little girl is a cutie pie!! :) You are definitely not a bad mom by turning on Curious George (I love that monkey!!)--we all need a few minutes to ourselves! I usually stick on The Wiggles when I need to prepare breakfast or take a shower!! lol. My baby girl is turning one at the end of this month and I have been planning her party since... probably since she was born... lol. Enjoy your time off with your little one! It goes by way too fast!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Etsy is so damn dangerous! I swear I could order baby stuff all day long! Your little girl is too cute! I put Baby Einstein on this morning when my baby woke up early and my hair wasn't dried yet. Had to do something! Love all the Seussy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little daughter is too sweet! She looks like a fairy. I loved watching her photographs. Hey, I am finding some affordable party halls in Los Angeles. Actually my daughter wants to have an outdoor party and I think reserving a party hall would be a better option. Please help by sharing venue recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...