Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tell All Tuesday

 I am linking up with Diana from My Day in K and Jayme from Teach Talk Inspire for the last Tell All Tuesday.
This Tuesday it's getting set for back to school. So what's a wish, goal and dream I have for this school year? Keep reading to find out.
Okay so I feel like that first year of teaching you can feel happy when you cover the basics and go a little over and beyond with your lessons but obviously after that first year you are really able to look back and make some BIG improvements. Well obviously this past year was not my first year teaching kinder but it was my 1st year teaching full day kindergarten in Canada on Mondays, Wednesdays & every other Friday. Since it was such a big change from teaching in the States Monday-Friday full day kindergarten, I had to really pick and choose what I taught from what I usually teach to try and fit it all in. By the end of the year I really noticed that I needed to incorporate more science experiments and that is one of my goals this year. Incorporating more science isn't my only goal though. Like Diana mentioned... Math is my least favorite thing to teach and I really want to get better at teaching it and work on building better math centers.
I love every child that I have ever taught. They hold a special place in my heart and I know that I will love this new group of kiddos. I really hope that every child will feel that love and feel confident through out the school year, a especially when they leave me at the end of the year.
I have been anxious at the thought of juggling being a mom this year plus teaching two different grades (kinder & grade 2). I know kinder will be a breeze because I have taught it for a few years but grade 2 is a bad new ballgame for me. My sweet friend Amanda over at Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten sent me an email giving me some great advice on how to find a balance. She is pretty amazing I might add. :)
Alright, so it's your turn to share. Go link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...