Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tell All Tuesday: My Dream Classroom

I am joining Teach Talk Inspire and My Day in K for another Tell All Tuesday. This week it's about your dream classroom. Of course I turn to the place where my life is most organized, my Pinterest board. I just assume that everyone else has the same problem as I do... and that's that we all have our classroom, home and everything else in our lives magically organized through their Pinterest with a long list of admiration and wishes.
 Duh... I am totally turning to my Classroom Decor & Organization Pinterest board for this one. Don't we all? I know I am not alone on this one. ;)
I will start off with the fact that I am sharing BOTH of my classrooms this year with another teacher Yeah, you heard me right. I have 2 classrooms. How does that work you ask? Well since here in Alberta, Canada or where I teach anyways kindergarten does not come to school every day all day like they do in the States. My kinders will come Monday, Wednesday & every other Friday. I taught this schedule last year. So that means that on Tuesdays, Thursday, & every other Friday that my class is not there that another teacher will be teaching kindergarten to a different set of kinders. Got it? Therefore I do not get 100% say on how I would love love love to decorate the classroom (insert sad face). Last year I had to do this for the 1st time and it was a real struggle for me. I like to be in control and do things my way. Now for my 2nd classroom situation... On the Tuesdays & Thursdays that I am off from teaching kindergarten I will be teaching grade 2. The other teacher who taught grade 2 full time last year wanted to work part time so that she could spend more time with her youngest son before he starts elementary school so I am basically coming into her classroom to teach Tuesdays & Thursdays. There ya go... now you know why I have 2 classrooms. In all honesty, while I LOVE to be in control & decorate my classroom with everything super matchy matchy and organized since I have my daughter that is not my biggest concern this year. I just want to survive my 1st year of juggling the whole mommy/teacher thing. I am letting the other teachers take the decorating reigns for the most part.
So if I could have total control of my classroom this year and I didn't have to share this is a taste of what it (or they) would look like.
I have done the jungle theme and ocean theme. This year I would love to go all out with a garden/bug theme. I am going to use a garden/bug theme with things like the students' name plates, name tags, cubby labels, etc. I would <3 to have a reading area set up with a green carpet & white fence. I know I have a photo some where on my Pinterest of Deanna Jump's old classroom set up with a white fence but I can't find it. 
I also think it would be fun to have a tree painted on the wall with 3D branches and leaves. Unfortunately we are not allowed to paint the walls at the school I am at now. 
I like how open this classroom is. It reminds me of my room. Oh and that it has tables. I love using tables.
I have been wanting this IKEA bookshelf to turn into a reading bench for 2 years now. I love the modern feel of this classroom and this amazing rug.
I just love everything about this classroom. The amazing rug, bright colors, how open and clean this room looks are all things that I have to have in a classroom.
That's just a glimpse of my dream classroom. Of course there are like 100 more photos on my Pinterest that inspire me to be the almighty teacher/classroom decorator. I can't wait to see what other ideas I can get from your dreamy classroom.

Oh, I almost forgot... I made these Bug'n Out Name Plates for my class that I figured I would share with you in case you could use them too. 


1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I LOVED your pictures! Wow, great ideas. That Ikea bookshelf is awesome. I love the flags hanging from the ceiling. I might have to do something like that this year. I think I might attempt to do the fabric crates today. Fingers crossed they turn out ok. Thanks for sharing your dream classroom and taking the time to link up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...